Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, Monday

I got a lot of housework and some errands done this weekend, and Jeremy worked both Saturday and Sunday. I still haven't started the AeroGarden, but I did clear a space for it in the breakfast nook. Baby steps. Very productive, but the Netflix discs are still unwatched. We finished the run of The West Wing Saturday night. It was very enjoyable, and nice to close the book on a show I loved when it started 10 years ago. I got busy between Seasons 3 and 4 so I didn't see the rest of the series as it aired. Most of Season 5 was pretty weak as they tried to figure out how to have a Sorkin-less WW, but they pulled it together after awhile. Having an excellent cast helped a lot.

Above all else, that show reaffirms my feeling that I'm glad every single breaking news story isn't my problem. I barely can handle writing some of the newsletter articles and other work junk I have to write, but that's mostly because they require me to suppress all personality or opinion. It's anti-writing. I'm procrastinating on perpetrating a particularly egregious example of such right now.

We watched god-amongst-men Neil Patrick Harris' episode of SNL this weekend. It was okay. I'm not sure they used him as well as they could have, but we are talking about SNL here. Maybe it was asood as they could do. On the other hand, Jon Hamm's episode earlier this season was mostly hilarious. I don't watch unless there's a guest I really like, and this inconsistency is exactly why.

No comments:

Post a Comment