Friday, March 26, 2004

Not as hungry as I thought I'd be. So far.

Yesterday I joined Weight Watchers. I was tired of feeling really tired all the time, being out of breath after walking out to check the mail, having my knees hurt when I stand up in the morning, all that stuff. I'd also really prefer not to get diabetes, which I'm at risk for. So far I'm not starving. It's a pretty good system, really. You can eat anything you want, but only certain amounts. It encourages you to make better, healthier choices because you can eat more that way and get better nutrition (sneaky!). I ballooned up after I had the pneumonia and both me and my husband, Maynard McGuffin, gained a ton of weight after the wedding. It was only eight months ago and already he can't wear the suit that fit fine back then. I don't fancy being a young widow, so the diet thing will be good for both of us. Maynard's onboard. He's already started walking to work just for the exercise. I think it'll help to have a little moral support.