Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend trip

Last night I got back from my weekend trip to the thunderstorm-beset Dallas/Ft. Worth area, where I visited Meredith and her family. I had a good time, despite Saturday night's crippling headache and the fact that much of the drive there and back qualified as a near-death experience.

We went to try out for a new VH-1 game show called The World Series of Pop Culture, but the non-disclosure agreement we had to sign prevents me from telling much about it. We took a written test and did well; in fact, our team was the only one from our sitting that passed. There's more to being selected for the show than just merit, apparently, as we still weren't selected to go to the next round. We were relatively sedate and acted like adults, which was probably the death knell for our team. Maybe if we'd been all coked up we'd be VH-1 material! We still had fun, which is what's important.

Sunday before I left, we went to Razzoo's for lunch. I'd never been there before, but Razzoo's is a Texas-based chain of cajun-themed restaurants. It's similar to a Joe's Crab Shack, only without your waitstaff not bringing you a refill because they're too busy singing and dancing. Eating spicy food in cold and wet weather is always good, and I'm tempted to hit the Razzoo's down the road from my office for another helping of Rat Toes, which are battered, fried jalapenos stuffed with shrimp and crab. Spicy and delicious. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment