Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Genetics




My great-aunt Joan sent my parents some photos of my Grandma Jerry, who died in 1980. I was only four then so I didn't get to know her very well, but I've always been told that I take after her a lot and that there was a lot of physical resemblance. One of the photos Aunt Joan sent was a newspaper clipping from 1941 of my grandmother's nursing school class. I haven't seen too many pictures of her when she was that age (about 20 in this photo), but I recognized her immediately when I saw the photo, even though she was in a group of 16 young nursing students in identical uniforms (and holding candles for some reason). I compared it to one of my wedding photos, where I'm heavier than her but wearing a similar expression. Yeah, she's definitely related to me. Can you see it, or is it just me?

2 comments: