Monday, March 01, 2004

Obligatory Oscar Post

So, RotK swept the awards. Good for them! I mean, there are cinematic achievements and then there are Cinematic Achievements.

I totally missed Michael Moore's cameo in the opening montage with Billy Crystal. I watched the first little bit of that and it was painful, so I wandered off into the other room for a minute. I hope Moore's back at the winner's podium next year with his upcoming Farenheit 911. Come to think of it, there was a surprising lack of rabble-rousing considering Tim Robbins and Sean Penn both won.

Anybody out there seen The Fog of War? I saw the trailer when we went to see Bubba Ho-Tep and it looked fascinating. I can't believe Errol Morris was never nominated before this year. Gotta see that movie.

And what the hell was Uma Thurman wearing? A shower curtain? A dry cleaning bag? When Quentin Tarantino knows how to dress you better than you do yourself, it's maybe not your best day as a glamour gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment